Agricultural Safety and Health Achievement Awards
The Agricultural Safety and Health Council of America (ASHCA) offers an achievement award program that honors individuals, organizations, and collaborations that have made significant contributions to agricultural safety and health.
Award categories include:
- Farm/Ranch owner who has excelled at adopting safe and health practices that benefit workers and their families
- Safety manager who designs, implements and/or oversees safety regulations to minimize the risk of injuries or accidents in the agricultural workforce
- Collaborating leaders, a team comprised of individuals from several entities that are working together to further specific goals and objectives for safe and healthy working conditions in agriculture
- Safety and health researcher whose research discoveries lessened the burden of disease/injury in the agricultural workforce by moving research findings into practice
- Educator whose education, outreach, or clinical practice improved knowledge, safety/health practices, or overall well-being within the agricultural workforce
- Clinician or healthcare provider whose clinical practice and/or outreach improved knowledge, safety/health practices, or overall well-being within the agricultural workforce
- Agribusiness, a for-profit enterprise that demonstrates its commitment to agricultural safety and health through adoption of safety policies and corporate social responsibility endeavors
- Agricultural organization, such as a commodity group that sets high standards for agricultural worker safety and health and facilitates the adoption of safety interventions for its members
- Ingenuity achievement for an entrepreneur whose landmark discovery, safety intervention, or unique approach has the future potential to substantially improve safety and health of agricultural workers and their families
- Policy maker/legislator who has influenced policy at the national or state level to improve safety and health of agricultural workers and their families
- Lifetime achievement for an individual who has made a substantial contribution to occupational safety and health in agriculture through actions and advocacy over an extended period of time
Awardees will be honored at the ASHCA Annual Safety Summit on March 29, 2022 in Las Vegas, NV.
Eligible nominees are individuals, collaborations, groups, agribusinesses, and organizations that have made significant contributions to agricultural safety and health.
Awards are honorary.
One recipient will receive the Collaboration in Research to Practice award and a $2500 cash prize.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.