Grants for Nationally Significant Freight and Highway Projects (INFRA)
The Infrastructure for Rebuilding America (INFRA) Program provides federal funding for highway and freight projects of national or regional significance.
Projects must support at least one of the key program objectives.
- Supporting economic vitality at the national and regional level. This objective will consider how the project will address the challenges faced by rural areas.
- Leveraging federal funding to attract non-federal sources of infrastructure investment
- Deploying innovation:
- The deployment of innovative technology and expanded access to broadband
- Use of innovative permitting, contracting, and other project delivery practices
- Innovative financing
Applicants are encouraged to describe other categories of benefits that are more difficult to quantify and value in economic terms. This includes improving the reliability of travel times or improvements to the existing human and natural environments, such as:
- Increased connectivity
- Improved public health
- Storm water runoff mitigation
- Noise reduction
Eligible applicants include:
- A state or group of states
- Metropolitan planning organizations that serve an Urbanized Area (as defined by the Bureau of the Census) with a population of more than 200,000 individuals
- Units of local government or groups of local governments
- Political subdivisions of states or local governments
- Special purpose districts or public authorities with a transportation function, including port authorities
- A Federal land management agency that applies jointly with a State or group of States
- Tribal governments or consortia of tribal governments
- Multi-State or multijurisdictional groups of public entities
Award floor: $5,000,000
Estimated total program funding: $906,000,000
There are minimum appropriations listed for single state and multi-state projects in the application instructions.
Cost sharing is required.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.