HUD Community Compass Technical Assistance and Capacity Building
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The HUD Community Compass Technical Assistance and Capacity Building program offers funding for technical assistance and capacity building activities to help organizations implement HUD programs successfully and sustainably, as well as provide effective administrative and managerial oversight of HUD funding. This includes building the capacity of rural organizations that provide services in the areas of housing, housing counseling, economic empowerment, educational advancement, health, wellness, and family self-sufficiency.
Eligible activities include:
- Needs assessments
- Direct technical assistance and capacity building engagements
- Purchase of tools and products
- Self directed and group learning
- Knowledge management
- Data analysis, reporting, and performance measurement
Detailed tables showing technical assistance focus areas and priorities are provided in the appendix of the application instructions.
Eligible applicants include:
- State, county, city, township, and special district governments
- U.S. territories or possessions
- Public, state controlled, and private institutions of higher education
- NAHASDA-eligible Indian tribes
- Tribally designated housing entities (TDHEs)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- Nonprofits with and without 501(c)(3) status
- For profit organizations and small businesses
- National and regional organizations representing Native American housing interests
- Metropolitan planning organizations, councils of government, and other regional planning entities
Award ceiling: $40,000,000
Award floor: $100,000
Project period: 3 years
Estimated number of awards: 45
Estimated total program funding: $80,681,000
Links to the full announcement, application instructions, and the online application process are available through grants.gov.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.