Appalachian Ohio African American Community Fund
The African American Community Fund provides grants for Black-led nonprofit and public organizations in Appalachian Ohio that have been impacted by the COVID-19 crisis.
Grants will support a wide-range of projects. Examples include:
- Events and activities that must change due to current safety practices
- Returning to typical operations
- Withstanding revenue losses
- Responding to increased demand for services caused by the crisis
- Addressing the health and safety of the community
- Increasing digital connectivity to support the greater reliance on online programming and service delivery
- Planning to respond to future moments of crisis
- Public health initiatives such as contact tracing and immunization campaigns
- Networking activities to connect community members to resources
Eligible applicants include Black-led nonprofit and public organizations in the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio service area.
Preference will be given to organizations that meet at least 2 of the criteria:
- The organization's executive director identifies as Black
- 50% of the board is Black
- The organization serves the Black community
A total of $10,000 is available.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.