Appalachian Ohio African American Community Fund
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to
determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
The African American Community Fund provides grants for
Black-led nonprofit and public organizations in
Appalachian Ohio that have been impacted by the COVID-19
Grants will support a wide-range of projects. Examples
- Events and activities that must change due to current
- Returning to typical operations
- Withstanding revenue losses
- Responding to increased demand for services caused by
- Addressing the health and safety of the community
- Increasing digital connectivity to support the
greater reliance on online programming and service
- Planning to respond to future moments of crisis
- Public health initiatives such as contact tracing and
- Networking activities to connect community members to
Eligible applicants include Black-led nonprofit and
public organizations in the Foundation
for Appalachian Ohio service area.
Preference will be given to organizations that meet at
least 2 of the criteria:
- The organization's executive director identifies as
- 50% of the board is Black
- The organization serves the Black community
32 counties served by the Foundation for Appalachian Ohio
Amount of funding
A total of $10,000 is available.
A link to the
online application portal is available on the
program website when applications are being accepted.
Appalachia · Black or African American · Broadband · Emergency preparedness and response · Food security and nutrition · Healthcare needs and services · Human services · Infectious diseases · Networking and collaboration · Planning and strategy methods and resources · Public health · Ohio
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.