AmeriCorps Seniors Foster Grandparent Program Replacement Opportunity
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The 2022 application cycle is for replacement programs in specific geographic service areas.
AmeriCorps Seniors Foster Grandparent Program (FGP) engages adults age 55 and over to provide mentorship for children and youth with special or exceptional needs, or who would benefit from the one-one-one attention. AmeriCorps Seniors volunteers will serve an average of 20 hours per week in schools, hospitals, drug treatment centers, correctional institutions, and childcare centers.
Priority focus areas include:
- Programs that actively engage in removing structural racial inequities, advancing racial equality, and increasing opportunity in order to achieve sustainable change in communities
- Efforts to help local communities respond to and recover from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Projects that contribute to improved educational outcomes for economically disadvantaged people, especially children and for children with special and/or exceptional need
AmeriCorps Seniors intends to build a diversified portfolio, including a meaningful representation of:
- Geographic diversity
- Rural communities
- Small and medium programs
- Single and multi-state programs
- Faith-based organizations
- Focus areas
Eligible applicants include:
- Institutions of higher education
- Local governments
- Nonprofit organizations
- State governments
Estimated award amount: $6,500 per
volunteer per year
Project period: 3 years
Estimated total program funding: $1,500,000
Applicants are required to match funds equal to 10% of their requested program budget with cash or in-kind funds.
Links to additional guidance, application instructions, and the online application portal are available on the program website.
Practices in Budget Development
- AmeriCorps, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.