Broad Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Funding
Application: May 4, 2021
Provides funding to support investigator-initiated proposals for patient-centered comparative clinical effectiveness research projects designed to inform patients, caregivers, clinicians, and other healthcare stakeholders in making personalized clinical decisions across a wide range of conditions, populations, and treatments. Projects must align with one of the following four priority areas:
- Addressing disparities
- Assessment of prevention, diagnosis, and treatment options
- Communication and dissemination of research
- Improving healthcare systems
Special areas of emphasis for this funding cycle include:
- Increasing access to and continuity of patient-centered maternal care, especially for Black, Native American/Alaska Native, and rural populations, who experience significant disparities
- Improving care for individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities growing into adulthood
- Improving outcomes and mitigating health effects of COVID-19
PCORI encourages proposals that include diverse populations with respect to age, gender, race, ethnicity, geography, or clinical status, with particular interest in previously understudied populations for whom effectiveness information is needed, such as hard-to-reach rural populations.
Eligible applicants include any public or private-sector research organization, including:
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit organizations
- Universities and colleges
- Hospitals and healthcare systems
- Laboratories and manufacturers
- Units of local, state, and federal government
Awards of $2,000,000 to $5,000,000 are available depending on priority area and size of the study. Awards of up to $10,000,000 are available for studies that address a special area of emphasis.
Project period: 3-5 years, depending on priority area and size of the study
Applicants must submit a letter of intent through the online system by February 2, 2021. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full application, with a deadline of May 4, 2021.
Applicant town hall session
January 21, 2021
12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Eastern
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.