INMED Reimagine Indians into Medicine (RISE) Summer Academy
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
WSU Elson S. Floyd College of Medicine Office of
Admissions, Student Affairs, and Inclusion
WSU Health Sciences Spokane Native American
The INMED Reimagine Indians into Medicine (RISE) Summer Academy is a 6-week program for American Indian Alaskan Native students to prepare for the medical school application process.
Activities will include:
- Medical school admissions and application instruction
- Supplemental basic science refresher
- Cultural engagement and community building
- Medical student mentors
- Intensive MCAT prep
The program will take place between June 4 and July 7, 2023, with a combination of in-person and virtual sessions.
Eligibility requirements include:
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Have a non-competitive MCAT score or plan to take the MCAT within 1-6 months of the academy end date
- Plan to apply to medical school within the next 2 years
- Can provide transcripts for all college coursework taken
There is no cost to participate. Travel to/from the WSU Health Sciences campus in Spokane and room and board during in-person days of the program are provided.
Links to the program flyer and the online application are available on the program website.
March 3, 2023
12:00 - 1:00 p.m. Pacific
- Northwest Portland Area Indian Health Board, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.