Wy'east Post-Baccalaureate Pathway Program
The Wy'east Post-Baccalaureate Pathway is a 10-month educational program in Portland, Oregon for American Indian and Alaska native post-baccalaureate students who were not accepted to medical school or did not get a qualifying MCAT score. Upon successful completion of the program, participants can gain guaranteed or conditional acceptance into Oregon Health and Science University, Washington State University, and/or University of California Davis Schools of Medicine.
The program includes:
- Immersion in an indigenous learning community
- Coursework in biomedical sciences, population health, and anatomy
- Clinical observation and research experience
- Intensive MCAT preparation
Eligibility requirements include:
- Be a citizen or descendant of a federally recognized American Indian/Alaska native tribe
- A four-year degree from an accredited college or university
- A minimum of GPA of 2.60-2.80, depending on the admitting school
- Have previously applied to medical school or have a non-competitive MCAT score
The program is tuition-free.
Participants will receive a monthly stipend. The stipend for the last program year was $1,113.
Complete the 5 components of the application process listed on the program website.
Summary of submission instructions:
- Submit the primary application through the online system by May 15, 2021.
- Each medical school will review primary applications and invite selected applicants to complete their secondary application by May 28, 2021.
- Transcripts, recommendation letters, and documentation of tribal affiliation should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com by May 28, 2021.
- While email submission is preferred, the additional
documentation above may also be postmarked by May 21,
2021 and mailed to:
Attention: Wy'east Pathway
Oregon Health and Science University
Northwest Native American Center of Excellence
Mail Code: CL2N
3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road
Portland, OR 97239
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.