Optimizing Virtual Care (OVC)
The Optimizing Virtual Care (OVC) program provides funding for current Health Center grantees to develop, implement, and evaluate innovative, evidence-based strategies that optimize the use of virtual care to increase access and improve clinical quality for underserved communities and vulnerable populations.
Allowable activities include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of virtual clinical services
- Analysis of telehealth utilization data to identify potential access gaps
- Leveraging community partnerships to address social determinants of health (SDOH)
- Patient and staff education and training
- Patient engagement and outreach
- Patient social risk assessments and follow up workflows
- Community needs assessments and resource mapping
- Integration, development, and/or enhancement of digital platforms and tools
- Virtual reality interventions
- Patient-centered care coordination
- Referral tracking and follow up
- Creation of administrative and governance practices
- Supplies and equipment purchases
- Minor alteration and renovation necessary for implementing virtual care
Eligible applicants are organizations that are currently receiving Health Center Program operational (H80) grant funding.
Award ceiling: $2,000,000
Project period: 2 years
Estimated number of awards: 25
Estimated total program funding: $50,000,000
Applicants should submit the application in grants.gov by July 16, 2021.
Submit supplemental information in HRSA Electronic Handbooks (EHBs) by August 17, 2021.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.