American Connection Corps Fellowship
The American Connection Corps Fellowship trains and mobilizes leaders to work in rural and under-resourced communities to coordinate broadband development and digital inclusion.
Fellows receive a 1-year AmeriCorps service position to carry out projects in the following focus areas:
- Digital Access: making internet and tech devices more affordable and helping others fully participate in digital society
- Digital Adoption: helping youth, elders, and working adults have the digital knowledge to access key services (like telehealth), participate in a 21st century workforce, and advance STEM education and digital economic development
- Broadband Infrastructure and Development: getting broadband infrastructure to communities, and working with private and public officials to complete broadband projects.
Complete position descriptions for each focus area are available on the program website.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Be a US citizen age 18 or older
- Can dedicate 30-40 hours/week of service from August 1, 2022 to July 31, 2023, including attending four in-person (expenses paid) national trainings
- Recognize the need for digital access in your community and are excited to learn how to make it happen
The program will support fellows in 10 states over a 1-year project period. Benefits include:
- $30,000 annual living allowance
- $6,495 AmeriCorps Segal Education Award
- Healthcare reimbursement stipend of up to $386/month
- National news and media amplification with American Connection Corps partners
- Access to 1:1 technical mentors with national leaders
Links to additional guidance and the online application are available on the program website.
- AmeriCorps, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.