Daniel Foundation of Alabama Grants
Application: Sep 11, 2023
The Daniel Foundation provides grants for programs in Alabama with a focus on underserved communities, rural areas, and populations experiencing economic disadvantages.
Priority areas include:
- Access to food, clothing and adequate housing
- Job training and life skills
- Rural community revitalization
- Meeting the needs of veterans
- Leadership programs for the nonprofit, government and business sectors
Education and youth:
- Access to public libraries
- Quality birth through pre-school opportunities
- Support for innovative approaches to public school challenges and programs working to provide better educational opportunities for K-12 students
- Programs that expose and prepare students for higher education and employment opportunities
- Summer learning
- Mentoring and other youth development programs
- In-depth programming to promote healthy eating and active communities
- Preventive health measures
- Mental health and counseling services
Arts, culture, and community assets:
- Operational support for arts organizations with sustainability strategies
- Capital needs for arts organizations
- Community heritage, culture, and historic preservation
- Projects that preserve green space and increase access to nature
Eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations, agencies, and programs in Alabama.
Priority is given to organizations that have at least one full-time employee, have a broad base of supporters, and have been providing programs and services for at least 2 years.
Historically, grants have been between $5,000 - $100,000, with the majority of grants in the $25,000 - $50,000 range.
Submit a letter of intent through the online grant portal. Selected applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal.
Important dates by priority area:
- Letter of intent deadline: April 17, 2023
- Invitations to apply: May 19, 2023
- Proposal deadline: June 12, 2023
- Community needs:
- Letter of intent deadline: July 19, 2023
- Invitations to apply: August 18, 2023
- Proposal deadline: September 11, 2023
- Education and youth:
- Letter of intent deadline: October 17, 2022
- Invitations to apply: November 18, 2022
- Proposal deadline: December 12, 2022
- Arts, culture, and community assets:
- Letter of intent deadline: January 16, 2023
- Invitations to apply: February 17, 2023
- Proposal deadline: March 13, 2023
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.