Minnesota International Medical Graduates (IMG) Short Term Clinical Experience Grant Program
This program provides funding to plan short–term clinical opportunities (30 to 90 days) for international medical graduates (IMGs) to access clinical experience, build knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system, and strengthen their residency applications.
The funding is intended to serve IMGs who:
- Were born in various countries around the world
- Live in Minnesota as U.S. permanent residents or citizens
- Have lived in Minnesota for at least 2 years
- Are committed to becoming certified to provide primary care services to Minnesota residents living in the rural areas or underserved areas of the state
Eligibility criteria includes:
- Located in Minnesota
- Have a history of providing clinical medical education or clinical preparation
- Are willing to provide clinical preparation in primary care, including exposure to ambulatory and inpatient medicine
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of medical clinical training in compliance with the Institutional and Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in primary care specialties of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
Up to $75,000 to fund planning for short-term clinical experiences for IMGs. The intent is to fund short-term clinical opportunities as proposed by the plan beginning in 2023.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.