Advancing Disaster Education Initiatives in Rural America
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to
determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN)
The Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) will provide grants for the development of innovative educational resources and Extension initiatives to address the preparation for, response to, and recovery from hazards and disasters in rural communities.
Priority themes and possible research topics include:
- Information sharing and distributing techniques for just-in-time programming focused on enhancing national, regional, multi-state, or state networks
- Educational materials, programs, and delivery methods to provide national, regional, multi-state, or state constituents with added value in developing plans, response, recovery, and mitigation protocols related to disaster issues
- Development of materials targeting underserved audiences such as, but not limited to, English Language Learners, individuals with low literacy, and older adults who lack technology access or literacy
- Innovative approaches to address current and anticipated disaster education needs
- Enhancing partnerships at the national, regional, multi-state, or state stakeholder levels to prepare for and respond to disasters through Extension education
- Research projects that enhance the capabilities of Extension professionals to develop and deliver disaster programming to stakeholders
Eligible applicants are extension professionals employed
by land-grant or sea-grant universities. At least one
individual on the project must be an EDEN delegate.
Amount of funding
Award ceiling: $35,000
Project period: 7 months
Estimated total program funding:
Application instructions and a link to the online form
are available on the
Applicants that prefer to mail the application, may send
it to the address below with a postmark no later than
November 5, 2021.
National EDEN Project Coordinator
ATTN: EDEN Development Grants Program
1341 Northwestern Ave.
West Lafayette, IN 47906
Emergency preparedness and response · Networking and collaboration
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.