Highmark Foundation Grants
Online contact form
The Highmark Foundation provides grants for projects in West Virginia and Western and Central Pennsylvania in the areas of:
- Heart disease
- Bullying prevention
- Maternity health
- Obesity prevention
- Senior health
- Family centered nutrition
Service delivery systems
- Primary health and dental care
- Coordination of services
- Access to care
- Capacity building
Eligible projects include evidence-based demonstrations, pilot projects, model programs, expansion plans, and well-established initiatives. The Foundation seeks to support programs in various stages of development that impact multiple counties and attract collaborative funding from community partners.
- Creates models with potential application throughout communities within the service area
- Demonstrates new and sustainable ways to solve health problems
- Reduces long-term cost or duplication of services and resources
- Incorporates sound programmatic methods and evaluations as building blocks for long-term program success
- Illustrates the effectiveness of early intervention and preventive health programs
- Stimulates the efficient use of scarce health resources through cooperative planning and program initiatives while encouraging cross-sector collaborations between and among healthcare institutions, schools, and other organizations
- Improves and assures access to quality healthcare for underserved populations in both urban and rural areas
- Advances a health equity agenda
The Foundation has awarded grants to hospitals, community health centers, health service organizations, local community groups, and government agencies in West Virginia and Western and Central Pennsylvania committed to building strategic partnerships and improving community health.
Award amounts are not stated. Historically, grants have ranged from less than $5,000 to $500,000.
A link to the online applications is available on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.