Continuum of Care Supplemental to Address Unsheltered and Rural Homelessness
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Applicants affected by a natural disaster declared by the President under the Stafford Act during the application period may request a deadline extension. See section VII.A. of the revised application instructions.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development will provide Funding for registered Continuum of Care (CoC) communities to implement coordinated approaches to reduce the prevalence of unsheltered homelessness; and improve services engagement, health outcomes, and housing stability among highly vulnerable unsheltered individuals and families. This opportunity includes funds set aside specifically to partner with organizations to address homelessness in rural communities.
Applicants may apply for one or both opportunities:
- Unsheltered Homelessness Set Aside: Projects may serve any geographic area within the CoC
- Rural Set Aside: Projects must serve rural geographic areas
Projects may include:
- Permanent housing
- Transitional housing
- Rapid re-housing
- Supportive services
- Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS)
- Unsheltered homelessness
- Unsheltered homelessness and individuals and families experiencing homelessness with severe service needs in rural areas
- Providing assistance on tribal lands
- Involving a broad array of stakeholders to reduce homelessness
- Advancing equity among Black, Indigenous, and other people of color as well as individuals who identify as LGBTQ+ and individuals with disabilities
- Using a housing first approach that prioritizes rapid placement and stabilization in permanent housing without participation requirements and preconditions
Collaborative applicants that completed the 2022 CoC program registration are eligible to apply.
Programs that address homelessness in rural communities may partner with CoCs to provide services.
Award ceiling: $60,000,000
Award floor: $25,000
Estimated number of awards: 125
Estimated total program funding: $322,000,000
Rural Set Aside: $54,500,000
Unsheltered Homelessness Set Aside: $267,500,000
Programs that address homelessness in rural communities may partner with CoCs to provide services. Contact the appropriate CoC partner to discuss the project and applying for funding. CoC may have set their own deadlines prior to the HUD deadline.
Links to additional guidance and application instructions are available on the program website and grants.gov.
Apply online through HUD e-snaps.
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.