WIC Community Innovation and Outreach Grants
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Application: Mar 23, 2023
WIC Community Innovation and Outreach (CIAO) Grants will provide funding to develop, implement, and evaluate innovative outreach strategies to increase WIC awareness, participation, redemption of benefits, and reduce disparities in program delivery.
Successful projects will:
- Include applicants that serve and/or are from historically and currently marginalized populations with disparities in access to WIC and other maternal and child health resources
- Propose outreach strategies that are
innovative. Include at least one innovative outreach
strategy from a minimum of one identified priority area:
- Expand Partnerships: strengthen existing and/or establish new partnerships to connect underserved populations with WIC benefits and services
- Conduct Outreach Using Community-level Data: conduct outreach based on community level data that will increase WIC awareness, participation, redemption of benefits, and reduce disparities in program delivery
- Can be sustained beyond the period of funding and technical assistance
- Result in best practices that are transparent so that successful activities can be scaled or easily adapted to other organizations and/or WIC agencies of varying sizes and resources, and that are dealing with different local context and priority populations
Eligible applicants include WIC agencies and nonprofit entities.
Examples of eligible applicants include:
- Tribal organizations
- Community health centers
- Public housing sites
- Indian health service facilities
- Colleges and universities
- Cooperative extension services
- Migrant health centers and camps
- Faith-based organizations
- Nonprofit advocacy organizations and coalitions
Award ceiling: $1,000,000
Award floor: $100,000
Project period: 18 months
Estimated total program funding: $10,000,000
Links to additional guidance, application instructions, and the online application portal are available on the program website.
Applicants are highly encouraged, but not required, to submit an online letter of intent by February 9, 2023.
- Food Research & Action Center, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.