The PATIENTS Professors Academy
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program
determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
The PATIENTS Professors Academy is a 5-week
online training program that prepares participants to
learn about patient-centered practices within their work
and communities. It is an opportunity to interact with
and learn from a diverse population about how to engage
communities in research. A focus is on populations most
impacted by health inequity.
- Be able to represent, teach, and apply the 10-Step
Engagement Framework in working with clinical researchers
- Demonstrate the value of patient-centered outcomes
research through evidence-based engagement strategies
- Find, learn about, and create ways for patients and
communities to share their voice and concerns in clinical
- Support patients, community members, and researchers
in creating a common language to address community
concerns in research
- Bridge gaps, understand unique perspectives, and
identify common goals of patients and researchers
- Exercise cultural humility to create mutually
beneficial research partnerships
- Gain the tools to understand research design and
protocols applied within their communities
- A one-hour weekly online interactive seminar taking
place in the evening
- Write a weekly reflection and read the reflections of
- Recommended essential readings
- Round tables and discussion panels
The program is designed for a national audience of
patients, caregivers, community leaders, patient
advocates, researchers, healthcare workers,
pharmaceutical workers, and government employees.
Amount of funding
The program is provided at no cost to participants.
There will be approximately 150 participants.
Culture and cultural competency · Health workforce education and training · Research methods and resources
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.