Water and Waste Disposal Revolving Loan Funds
Water and Waste Disposal Revolving Loan Funds provide grants to help nonprofit organizations establish revolving loan funds that will finance water and wastewater projects in rural communities.
The loans will be made to eligible entities to finance pre-development costs of water and wastewater projects or short-term small capital improvement projects not part of the regular operations and maintenance of current water and wastewater systems.
For 2019, administrative discretion points will be awarded to work plans that:
- Direct loans to the smallest communities with the lowest incomes emphasizing areas where at least 20% of the population is living in poverty
- Direct loans to areas that lack running water, flush toilets, and modern sewage disposal systems, and areas which have open sewers and high rates of disease caused by poor sanitation, in particular, colonias or Substantially Underserved Trust Areas
- Direct loans that emphasize energy and water efficient components to reduce costs and increase sustainability of rural systems.
Eligible applicants are nonprofit organizations that have:
- Tax exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service
- The legal capacity and authority to operate a revolving loan fund
- Financial, technical, and managerial capacity to comply with relevant state and federal laws and regulations
Total funding available: $1,000,000
Expected number of awards: 4
Choose the appropriate state in the drop down menu on the top right of the program website. This will open the state specific page. Tabs at the top of the page will show general program information, forms and resources, and state specific contact information.
Submit completed applications online through grants.gov or mail completed applications to:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Rural Utilities Service
Water and Environmental Programs
STOP 1570, Room 2229-S
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-1570
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.