Federal Surplus Property Available for Public Use
Certain nonfederal organizations, such as state and local governments, regional agencies, and nonprofit organizations, are able to request property that the federal government no longer needs.
The donated property includes items such as:
- Communications and electronic equipment
- Medical supplies
- Motor vehicles
- Office machines and supplies
Nonfederal public agencies and organizations also have access to surplus real property at a cost not to exceed fair market value. A property sales search tool is available on the program website.
The following organizations or activities are eligible to receive donations of federal property:
- State and public agencies
- Nonprofit educational and public health activities, including programs for the homeless and impoverished
- Nonprofit and public programs for the elderly
- Public airports
- Educational activities of special interest to the armed services
For more information please see Eligible Organizations and Activities.
This is a donation program for surplus property. There are processing charges and shipping fees for some items.
There will be a sales cost associated with real property conveyance.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.