Rural Project Examples: Alcohol use
keepin' it REAL Rural
Updated/reviewed March 2022
- Need: A drug and alcohol prevention program for middle school students that is specific to rural culture.
- Intervention: An adaptation of the evidence-based keepin' it REAL curriculum was customized for rural middle school students.
- Results: Students showed a reduction in all substance use and less personal acceptability of substance use.
Other Project Examples
CMH Addiction Recovery Program
Added November 2023
- Need: To help people who use drugs and their families access treatment and counseling in rural Missouri.
- Intervention: The CMH Addiction Recovery Program provides medication-assisted treatment, counseling, peer and family support, and other related services through a Rural Health Clinic.
- Results: The program operates 5 days a week and sees 400 patients each month.
Isanti County SafeCab Program
Updated/reviewed August 2022
- Need: To reduce the number of deaths and injuries caused by drunk driving in Isanti County.
- Intervention: The SafeCab program provides alternative transportation home for bar patrons who would otherwise drive impaired.
- Results: The program is credited with a significant decrease in DUI (Driving Under the Influence) arrests and the lower average corresponding BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) levels in Isanti County.
For examples from other sources, see: