Rural Project Examples: Governance of healthcare organizations
Other Project Examples
Avita Health System Comprehensive Cardiology Program
Added April 2021
- Need: Population health approach to decreasing area deaths from cardiovascular disease.
- Intervention: A health system-level investment in level II cardiac catheterization services and the required specialized cardiology workforce.
- Results: Since August 2018, the Avita Health System in north central Ohio has provided local cardiovascular services that have decreased hospital transfers, increased care coordination, and provided education and prevention activities that, with time, will impact population health cardiovascular outcomes.
Leadership Development Program
Updated/reviewed March 2021
- Need: Reasonably-priced leadership education was needed for professional development of healthcare organization managers in southeastern Idaho and western Wyoming.
- Intervention: Creation of a health network providing leadership training opportunities for member hospitals.
- Results: Increased leadership and managerial quality, and decreased professional development costs for rural hospitals of southeastern Idaho and western Wyoming.
For examples from other sources, see: