Rural Project Examples: Reimbursement and payment models
Community Health Worker-based Chronic Care Management Program
Added May 2020
- Need: Improve healthcare access and decrease chronic disease disparities in rural Appalachia.
- Intervention: A community health worker-based Chronic Care Management program demonstrated such a level of success in a single West Virginia county that it was further scaled for implementation in a multi-center, 3-state area of Appalachia.
- Results: When analysis of the disseminated program's results also demonstrated improved health outcomes and decreased healthcare costs, sustainability became possible due to innovative financial reimbursement models.
Other Project Examples
NEON Pathways Community Hub
Updated/reviewed July 2020
- Need: Connect individuals to services that address health barriers.
- Intervention: A pay-for-outcomes model utilizing Community Health Workers who help provide community members with tools to address needs associated with improving health.
- Results: Trained Community Health Workers help patients navigate the healthcare and social service systems and provide education about community healthcare resources.
For examples from other sources, see: