Virginia State Loan Repayment Program
The Virginia State Loan Repayment Program offers loan repayment assistance for eligible healthcare providers who agree to serve in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) in a qualified field of practice in Virginia.
Recipients must agree to practice full-time for a minimum of 2 years at an eligible site.
Eligible professions include:
- Doctors of allopathic or osteopathic medicine
- General, geriatric, and pediatric dentists
- Nurse practitioners
- Certified nurse midwives
- Physician assistants
- Registered dental hygienists
- Registered nurses
- Pharmacists working at:
- Health departments
- Health centers
- Long-term care facilities
- Mental health professionals:
- Health service psychologists
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Marriage and family therapists
- Licensed professional counselors
Awards must be matched by the practice site. Up to $140,000 (including the community match) is available over 4 years.
Applicants from the tobacco region do not have to secure a match.
Consult the application guidelines for specific award amounts.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.