Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Caring Foundation Rural Health Grant Program
Kylie Nissen, Senior Project Coordinator
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota Caring Foundation Rural Health Grant Program will award grants to support collaborative efforts involving rural healthcare providers and their communities to support physical activity and wellness for people of all ages in North Dakota.
A proposal related to addressing North Dakota’s escalating problems associated with a sedentary life-style (such as obesity, heart disease, and cancer) will be considered. Some examples of possible activities or programs include:
- Sponsoring a community race, walk, or biking event
- Providing athletic equipment for a playground, park, school, or daycare
- Creating a worksite wellness program for its own employees
- Repurposing a rehabilitation center to a community training center or workout facility
- Supporting or sponsoring a conference that focuses on health promotion and physical activity
The lead applicant on the proposal must be a provider (a provider is defined as a healthcare facility – hospital, clinic, public health unit, etc.).
Networks can include:
- Nursing facilities
- Public health units
- Mental health facilities
- Dental clinics
- Tribal health facilities
- Home health agencies
- EMS units
- Other related health organizations
Award amount: $2,500 to $5,000
Total funding available: $40,000
Number of awards: 8-16
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.