Texas Colonia Construction Fund (CFC)
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Texas Colonia Construction Fund provides eligible applicants with grants to fund water and wastewater improvements, housing rehabilitation for low- to moderate-income households, and other improvements including street paving and drainage.
Program objectives include:
- Improve public facilities to meet basic human needs for low-to-moderate income persons
- Improve housing conditions
- Expand economic opportunities by creating and/or retaining jobs
- Provide assistance and public facilities to eliminate conditions hazardous to the public health and of an emergency nature
This fund is available to eligible county applicants for projects in severely distressed unincorporated areas which meet the definition as a "colonia". Eligible areas are located farther than 150 miles from the Texas-Mexico border and non-entitlement counties, or portions of counties.
Counties that are part of a metropolitan statistical area with a population over 1,000,000 are not eligible.
Award ceiling: $1,000,000
Award floor: $150,000
Project period: Up to 2 years
Links to the application instructions and the online application system are available on the program website.
- Texas Department of Agriculture, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.