Colorado Health Service Corps Provider Loan Repayment Program
The Colorado Health Service Corps provides loan repayment assistance to certain healthcare professionals who agree to practice in a Health Professional Shortage Area of Colorado.
Awardees must agree to practice for a 3 year service term at an approved site.
Applicants must have a full, unrestricted license to operate in Colorado, see patients on public insurance programs, utilize a sliding scale fee, and provide full or part-time direct clinical care by the first day of the current application cycle.
Eligible health professions include:
- Doctors of osteopathic or allopathic medicine (family medicine, geriatrics, general internal medicine, general psychiatry, general child psychiatry, general pediatrics, general obstetrics/gynecology, and addiction medicine or pain management)
- Clinical pharmacists (PharmD)
- Dentists (general and pediatric)
- Licensed clinical or counseling psychologists (Ph.D., Psy.D.)
- Licensed clinical social workers (master’s or doctoral degree in social work)
- Licensed professional counselors (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in counseling)
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (master’s or doctoral degree with a major study in marriage and family therapy)
- Certified nurse-midwives
- Nurse practitioners
- Advanced practice nurses with specific training in substance use disorders or pain management
- Physician assistants
- Physician assistants with specific training in substance use disorders
- Psychiatric nurse specialists
- Registered dental hygienists
- Licensed addiction counselors
- Certified addiction counselors
Awards for full-time health professionals:
- $90,000 for physicians and dentists
- $50,000 for physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, clinical pharmacists, licensed mental health providers, and licensed addiction counselors
- $20,000 for dental hygienists and certified addiction counselors
Awards for part-time health professionals:
- $45,000 for physicians and dentists
- $25,000 for physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, clinical pharmacists, licensed mental health providers, and licensed addiction counselors
- $10,000 for dental hygienists and certified addiction counselors
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.