Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation S.M.I.L.E. Grants
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to
determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation, Inc.
Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation Grants provide
funding to organizations throughout New Jersey and
Connecticut that focus on access to dental care for
underserved children, people with disabilities, veterans,
The Foundation supports:
- School-based dental sealant programs
- Establishing dental homes for children
- Early childhood dental care access programs for
children ages 0-3
- Programs that integrate oral health with
pediatricians and family practice physicians
Developmentally disabled persons -
support for new or existing dental care programs
serving individuals with:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Down syndrome
- Cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, vision
impairment, and other developmental disabilities
Seniors and Veterans
- Oral cancer prevention and treatment and other
preventive care programs
- Mobile dental clinics that visit nursing homes,
assisted living facilities, senior centers, and
community events for seniors
- Establishing dental homes for veterans
- Programs that help edentulous seniors and
veterans get dentures
- Programs that address the total care of the
patient and incorporates oral healthcare into the
overall healthcare team.
Applicants must be nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations or
New Jersey and Connecticut
Amount of funding
Award ceiling for S.M.I.L.E.
Award floor for regular S.M.I.L.E.
At least 10 mini-grants will be awarded in 2022.
Access · Children and youth · Elderly population · Integrated service delivery · Mobile and episodic healthcare delivery · Oral health · People with disabilities · Connecticut · New Jersey
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.