Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation S.M.I.L.E. Grants
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation Grants provide funding to organizations throughout New Jersey and Connecticut that focus on access to dental care for underserved children, people with disabilities, veterans, and seniors.
The Foundation supports:
- School-based dental sealant programs
- Establishing dental homes for children
- Early childhood dental care access programs for children ages 0-3
- Programs that integrate oral health with pediatricians and family practice physicians
Developmentally disabled persons -
support for new or existing dental care programs
serving individuals with:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Down syndrome
- Cerebral palsy, traumatic brain injury, vision impairment, and other developmental disabilities
Seniors and Veterans
- Oral cancer prevention and treatment and other preventive care programs
- Mobile dental clinics that visit nursing homes, assisted living facilities, senior centers, and community events for seniors
- Establishing dental homes for veterans
- Programs that help edentulous seniors and veterans get dentures
- Programs that address the total care of the patient and incorporates oral healthcare into the overall healthcare team.
Dental assistant programs
- Encourage and expose high school students to the dental assisting field
- Increase the number of dental assistants working in a public health setting, including FQHCs, community clinics, and hospitals
- Build a strong dental assisting workforce in underserved communities throughout New Jersey and Connecticut
- Improve access to dental care in our communities by recruiting and rebuilding depleted dental assistant staff
Applicants must be nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations or government entities.
Award ceiling for S.M.I.L.E.
Award floor for regular S.M.I.L.E. grants: $25,000
At least 10 mini-grants will be awarded in 2023.
Links to application guidance and the online application portal are available on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.