Minnesota Clinical Dental Education Innovations Grant
The Clinical Dental Education Innovations grant program supports innovative clinical training for dental professionals and programs that increase access to dental care for underserved populations in Minnesota.
Potential uses of grant funds include funding for expanding existing programs that have demonstrated success in providing dental services to underserved populations, and developing or implementing new programs designed to improve access for underserved populations through the use of dental residents or students in dental professional training programs.
Examples of how the funds may be used include:
- Development of curricula for new dental-only or interdisciplinary programs
- Training programs for new dental professions such as dental therapy
- Outreach to potential patients and trainees through teledentistry systems
- Recruitment of volunteer or paid preceptors
- Other expenses related to establishing new clinical training sites or expanding services at existing sites
Eligible applicants are teaching institutions and clinical training sites for projects that increase dental access for underserved populations and promote innovative clinical training of dental professionals in Minnesota.
Teaching institutions and clinical training sites must provide accredited clinical training to be eligible.
Award ceiling: $150,000
Award floor: $30,000
Project period: 18 months
Estimated number of awards: 8-12
Estimated total program funding: $1,100,000
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.