National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program (S2S LRP)
The Students to Service Loan Repayment Program provides loan repayment assistance for medical and dental students who are in their last year of school, in return for a commitment to provide services in eligible Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) of greatest need.
Upon completion of residency, participants must engage in 3 years of full-time or 6 years of half-time clinical practice at one or more NHSC-approved service sites located in a HPSA of greatest need.
To be eligible for the Students to Service Loan Repayment Program, applicants must be:
- A United State citizen or U.S. National
- Pursuing an MD, DO, DDS, or DMD degree at an approved, accredited school located in the United States, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. Territory
- Enrolled as a full-time student in the last year of medical or dental school with a graduation date before July 1, 2019
- Eligible for federal employment
Physician specialties include:
- Family Medicine
- General Internal Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- Psychiatry (including Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists
Up to $120,000 in 4 annual installments of up to $30,000. Applicants must provide 3 years of full-time services or 6 years of half-time services.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.