National Health Service Corps Students to Service Loan Repayment Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
Customer service portal
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program (S2S LRP) provides loan repayment assistance for medical, nursing, physician assistant, and dental students who are in their last year of school, in return for a commitment to provide services in eligible Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) of greatest need.
Upon completion of educational requirements, participants must engage in 3 years of full-time clinical practice at one or more NHSC-approved service sites located in a HPSA of greatest need.
To be eligible for the Students to Service Loan Repayment Program, applicants must be:
- A United State citizen or U.S. National
- Pursuing a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.), Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.), Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (D.M.D.), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Physician Assistant (PA), or Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM) degree in a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory at an accredited institution
- Enrolled as a full-time student in the last year of medical or dental school with a graduation date before July 1, 2023
- Eligible for federal employment
Up to $120,000 in 4 annual installments of up to $30,000. Applicants must provide 3 years of full-time service NHSC-approved service site.
Links to the application instructions and the online application system are available on the program website.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, view details
- Health Resources and Services Administration, view details
- National Health Service Corps, view details
- Bureau of Health Workforce, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.