Kentucky State Loan Repayment Program
The Kentucky State Loan Repayment Program (KSLRP) is a 50/50 matching program that provides loan repayment for qualified educational loans incurred by primary care health professionals. In return, the professionals make a 2 year commitment to practice full-time for an eligible sponsoring organization in a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
Applicants must currently provide or have signed a contract to provide primary care services to rural and/or underserved populations in Kentucky.
Eligible applicants will have a Kentucky license to practice in one of the following professions:
- Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Registered Nurse
- Dental Hygienist
- Behavioral Health Providers, including alcohol and substance abuse counselors
Eligible practice sites include:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs)
- FQHC Look-A-Likes
- Certified Rural Health Clinics (RHCs)
- Correctional or detention centers, including federal prisons and state prisons
- Private practices
- Other health facilities, including:
- State and community mental health facilities
- State and county health department clinics
- Free clinics
- Mobile units
- Critical Access Hospitals affiliated with a qualified outpatient clinic
- ICE Health Service Corps (IHSC)
- School-based programs
- Long-term care facilities
Participants are awarded funding in a tiered format, based on provider type, level of loan indebtedness, and sponsor commitment level. Maximum award amounts for a 2-year commitment are:
- Physicians, dentists, and pharmacists: $80,000
- PAs, NPs, CNMs, behavioral and mental health specialists: $40,000
- RNs, RDHs, alcohol and substance abuse counselors: $20,000
Funding is a one-to-one (1:1) match with half of the funding provided through the Kentucky Office of Rural Health and the other half provided by the applicant's sponsor. Examples of sponsors include, but are not limited to, employers, foundations, community coalitions, and state appropriations.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.