Primary Care Training and Enhancement: Training Primary Care Champions
Primary Care Training and Enhancement (PCTE) Grants will award funding to strengthen primary care and the workforce by establishing fellowship programs to train community-based practicing primary care physician and/or physician assistant champions to lead healthcare transformation and enhance teaching in community-based settings.
Applicants must focus on training for transforming healthcare delivery systems, including integrated care delivery, care coordination models, health information technology, and population health measure integration.
Characteristics of transformed health care delivery systems include:
- Providers across the care continuum participate in integrated or virtually integrated delivery models
- Care is coordinated across all providers and settings
- High level of patient engagement and quantifiable results on patient experience
- Providers leverage the use of health information technology to improve quality
- Providers perform at the top of their license and board certification
- Population health measures are integrated into the delivery system
- Data are used to drive health system processes
- Care addresses the social determinants of health
Eligible entities include:
- Accredited public or nonprofit private hospitals
- Schools of allopathic medicine or osteopathic medicine
- Academically affiliated PA training programs
- Public or nonprofit private entities that the Secretary has determined is capable of carrying out such grant
The applicant organization must include or partner with the following organizations:
- An academic medical school or physician assistant school
- One or more community-based primary care sites. Applicants are encouraged to partner with National Health Service Corps-approved sites. Sites also can be health centers, rural health clinics, and Indian Health Service sites.
Estimated award amount: $400,000 per
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 10
Estimated total program funding: $4,000,000
Links to the application and full announcement are available through grants.gov.
Applicant conference call recording:
Playback number: 866.475.8046
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.