Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP)
Tia-Nicole Leak, Ph.D.
The Health Careers Opportunity Program (HCOP) provides grants to eligible accredited health professions schools and public and private nonprofit health or educational entities. Grantees will work to assist individuals from disadvantaged (economically and educationally) backgrounds to enter and graduate from a health or allied health professions education program.
Applicants are required to propose activities for each of the following eight program purposes:
- Facilitating Entry
- Counseling, Mentoring and Other Services
- Preliminary Education and Health Research Training
- Financial Aid Information Dissemination
- Primary Care Exposure Activities
- Development of a More Competitive Applicant Pool
Eligible applicants include:
- Accredited schools of medicine
- Accredited schools of osteopathic medicine
- Accredited schools of public health
- Accredited schools of dentistry
- Accredited schools of veterinary medicine
- Accredited schools of optometry
- Accredited schools of pharmacy
- Accredited schools of allied health
- Accredited schools of chiropractic
- Accredited schools of podiatric medicine
- Public and nonprofit private schools that offer graduate programs in behavioral and mental health
- Programs for the training of physician assistants
- Other public or private nonprofit health or educational entities
Total Funding Available: $11,000,000
Number of Awards: 20
Average Size of Awards: $650,000
Links to the application and full announcement are available through grants.gov.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.