California Licensed Mental Health Services Provider Education Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program
determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
California Department of Health Care Access and Information
The Licensed Mental Health Service Provider Education
Program provides loan repayment assistance for mental
healthcare professionals providing direct care in a
qualified facility, including but not limited to publicly
funded or public mental health facilities, nonprofit
mental health facility that contract with a county entity
to provide mental health services, or a designated mental
health professions shortage area in California.
Applicants must agree to a full-time service obligation
for a minimum of 24 months.
Applicants must be California residents providing direct
care services in qualified facilities in California.
Eligible professions include:
- Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
- Associate Clinical Social Worker
- Registered, Licensed, or Waivered Psychologist
- Postdoctoral Psychological Assistant
- Postdoctoral Psychological Trainee
- Registered or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
- Registered or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor
- Associate Professional Clinical Counselor
- Mental Health Counselor
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Nurse
- Behavioral Disorder, Substance Use Disorder, or
Mental Health Professionals who are former foster youth
are encouraged to apply.
Amount of funding
Up to $30,000 for a 24 month commitment.
Behavioral health · Behavioral health workforce · Loans, loan repayment, and loan forgiveness for health careers · Nurse practitioners and other advanced practice registered nurses · Nurses · California
California Department of Health Care Access and Information,
For complete information about funding programs, including your
application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided
for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes
or monitor application status.