North Carolina Economic Infrastructure Program
Economic Infrastructure Program grants provide funding to local governments in North Carolina to assist with infrastructure projects that will lead to the creation of new, full-time jobs.
Eligible projects include:
- Upgrades or repair of public drinking water or wastewater treatment plants
- Upgrades, extensions, or repair of public water or sewer lines
- Extensions of publicly owned natural gas line
- Installation or extension of public broadband infrastructure
- Construction of publicly owned access roads not funded or owned by the NC Department of Transportation
- Construction of public rail spur improvements
Units of local government are eligible to apply for this funding. The proposed project must take place in one of North Carolina's rural counties. Priority is given to counties that have distressed rankings of Tier 1 or Tier 2 based on County Tier Designations.
Award Ceiling: $500,000
Award amounts are dependent on the cost of creating a full-time job, as described in the application guidance.
Applicants must first submit a pre-application form and participate in a pre-application conference call.
Links to application forms and additional guidance are available on the program website.
While applications are accepted on a rolling basis, a list of deadlines with corresponding award dates is provided on the program website.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.