North Carolina Economic Infrastructure Program
Economic Infrastructure Program grants provide funding to local governments in North Carolina to assist with infrastructure projects that will lead to the creation of new, full-time jobs.
Eligible projects include:
- Upgrades or repair of public drinking water or wastewater treatment plants
- Upgrades, extensions, or repair of public water or sewer lines
- Extensions of publicly owned natural gas lines
- Installation or extension of public broadband infrastructure
- Construction of publicly owned access roads not funded or owned by the NC Department of Transportation
- Construction of public rail spur improvements
Units of local government are eligible to apply for this funding. The proposed project must take place in one of North Carolina's rural counties. Priority is given to counties that have distressed rankings of Tier 1 or Tier 2 based on County Tier Designations.
Award amounts are dependent on the cost of creating a full-time job.
Contact Melody Adams to discuss the application process and request application materials.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.