Rural Health Research Dissemination Program
The program will provide funding for an organization to disseminate and promote Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) funded rural health services research to diverse audiences, including decision makers and rural stakeholders at national, state, and community levels, with the goal of informing and raising awareness of key policy issues important to rural communities.
The awardee's responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with Rural Health Research Center (RHRC) award recipients and other research focused programs managed by FORHP to summarize the key research questions for ongoing research and summarize findings for completed publications/products
- Updating the Rural Health Research website and listserv based on information from the RHRC recipients about new, on-going, and recently completed research
- Assessing the market, in terms of target audiences and reach, to understand how to best target audiences who will benefit from products published by the RHRCs
- Executing and monitoring dissemination strategies to increase RHRC publication and Rural Health Research
- Providing input to RHRCs prior to product publication regarding how to effectively communicate the research findings to diverse target audiences
- Identifying appropriate professional meetings at which to exhibit each year
- Developing brief research summaries using findings from RHRC research products on key topic areas for a general public audience
- Establishing evaluation metrics and tracking related data to assist in measuring the success of the cooperative agreement and the RHRC cooperative agreements
Eligible applicants include domestic public and private, nonprofit and for-profit organizations, including state, local, and tribal governments; institutions of higher education; faith-based, community-based, and tribal organizations and hospitals.
Award ceiling: $145,000 per year
Project period: 5 years
Estimated number of awards: 1
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.