Oregon Rural Medical Practitioner Insurance Subsidy Program
The Oregon Rural Medical Practitioner Insurance Subsidy Program offers reimbursement for medical malpractice insurance policy premiums to physicians and nurse practitioners who practice in rural Oregon.
Physicians and nurse practitioners who work in rural areas and provide services to patients who use Medicare or medical assistance are eligible to apply.
Applicants are ineligible if malpractice coverage is provided through a healthcare facility employer.
Reimbursement is allowed for policy limits not exceeding
$1 million per occurrence and $3 million aggregate.
Reimbursement is offered at the following rates:
- Physicians specializing in obstetrics
- Nurse practitioners certified for obstetric
- Doctors specializing in family or general practice who provide obstetrical services
- Doctors or nurse practitioners working in general practice, internal medicine, geriatrics, pulmonary medicine, pediatrics, general surgery, anesthesiology, or family practice without obstetrics
- All other physicians and nurse practitioners not listed above
Links to the application process for physicians and nurse practitioners are available on the program website.
Medical professionals must complete an affidavit and fax it to Eric Jordan at 503.494.4798.
Providers must renew each year. The Oregon Office of Rural Health will mail a renewal affidavit to participating practices each October. Renewals must be received by December 31 to continue participation without a lapse in eligibility.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.