Grants to States to Support Oral Health Workforce Activities
The Grants to States to Support Oral Health Workforce Activities initiative offers funding to states to develop and implement programs that address the dental workforce needs of designated Dental Health Professional Shortage Areas.
Applicants should describe innovative approaches to addressing and measuring oral health workforce needs at the state level and must include one of the following six focus areas:
- Integrating oral and primary care medical delivery systems for underserved communities
- Programs to support oral health providers practicing in advanced roles specifically designed to improve oral health access in underserved communities
- Practice support through teledentistry to improve access for underserved communities
- Community-based prevention service programs for underserved populations, such as water fluoridation and dental sealant programs
- Programs to establish or expand oral health services and facilities in Dental HPSAs, such as the establishment or expansion of community-based dental facilities, free-standing dental clinics, school-linked dental facilities, and mobile or portable dental clinics
- Grants and low-interest or no-interest loans to help dentists who participate in the Medicaid program to enhance capacity, such as through equipment purchases or the sharing of overhead costs to allow for additional hours of operation
Eligible applicants include Governor-appointed, state government entities.
Total Funding Available: $3,600,000
Award Ceiling: $500,000 per year
Number of Awards: Up to 8
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.