Connecting Kids to Coverage Healthy Kids 2019 Outreach and Enrollment Grants
Application: Jan 28, 2019
Connecting Kids to Coverage Outreach and Enrollment grants will provide funding to organizations that help families with children enroll in health coverage opportunities, including Medicaid, CHIP, and insurance affordability programs.
Focus areas include:
- Engaging schools and other programs serving young people in outreach, enrollment, and retention activities
- Bridging health coverage disparities by reaching out to subgroups of children that have lower than average health coverage rates, such as rural children, teens, American Indians and Alaska Natives, and Hispanics
- Using parent mentors to assist families with enrolling in Medicaid and CHIP, retaining coverage and finding resources for addressing social determinants of health
Applications will be accepted from:
- A state with an approved child health plan under this title [42 U.S.C. section1397aa et seq.]
- Local government entities
- Indian tribes, tribal consortium, tribal organizations, or urban Indian organizations
- A Federal health safety net organization
- A national, state, local, or community-based public or nonprofit private organization, including organizations that use community health workers, community-based doula programs, or parent mentors
- An elementary or secondary school
- Faith-based organizations or consortia
Award ceiling: $1,500,000
Award floor: $500,000
Project period: 35 months
Estimated number of awards: 13
Estimated total program funding: $48,000,000
Links to the full announcement and online application process are available through grants.gov.
Applicants are required to submit a letter of intent by January 4, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To locate application instructions:
- Open the grants.gov announcement.
- Click on the package tab.
- Choose to preview the opportunity package.
- Click on the button that says download instructions.
- Application instructions will be in your browser download folder.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.