Oregon Primary Health Care Loan Forgiveness Program
The Oregon Primary Health Care Loan Forgiveness Program provides forgivable loans for medical, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, dental, and pharmacy students in exchange for a service obligation at an approved rural practice site in Oregon.
Eligible students must
- Be in good academic standing
- Participate in the Oregon AHEC Scholars Program or be accepted to an approved Oregon rural training track
- Be prepared to begin practice in primary care at an approved rural practice site within 90 days of graduation or completion of residency
For the purposes of this program, primary care is defined as:
- Physicians: Family Medicine, General Internal Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Surgery, Community Psychiatry, Gerontology, and OB/GYN
- Physician Assistants: Family Medicine, General Internal Medicine, General Pediatrics, General Surgery, Community Psychiatry, Gerontology, and OB/GYN
- Nurse Practitioners: Family, Adult, Nurse Midwife, Gerontology, Pediatric, and Psychiatric Mental Health
- Dentists: General Adult and General Pediatric
- Pharmacists: General Pharmacy and Psychiatric Pharmacy
Up to $35,000 per year.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.