Arkansas Rural Services Block Grant Program
The Arkansas Rural Services Block Grant Program provides funding for:
- New construction or renovation of community centers or multi-purpose use buildings for the betterment of the community
- New construction or renovation of fire stations
- Purchase of fire trucks, specialized life-saving equipment such as "jaws of life," and protective clothing worn by fire fighters
Eligible applicants include:
- Incorporated and unincorporated cities and towns in Rural Arkansas with less than 3,000 people
- At least 51% of the population must be low to moderate income
- Meet the criteria for a rural area, defined as "territory in the State of Arkansas that is not within the outer boundary of any city or town having a population of 20,000 or more according to the latest federal census or within such a city or town's neighboring urbanized areas"
Up to $75,000.
The applicant must be able to match 10% of the grant award with cash and/or in-kind property.
Prior to submission, applicants must hold a public hearing to document the need for the project. Details about the public meeting requirement are described in the application instructions.
Completed application packets should be mailed to:
Arkansas Economic Development Commission,
Division of Rural Services
Attn: Megan Earnhart, Grants Manager
900 West Capitol, Ste. 400
Little Rock, AR 72201
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.