California State Loan Repayment Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The California State Loan Repayment Program assists with the repayment of educational loans for primary healthcare professionals who provide services in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) in California.
Applicants must commit to a 2 year obligation providing direct patient care in a California HPSA.
Eligible Health Professionals:
- Physician (MD and DO)
- Family medicine
- General internal medicine
- General pediatrics
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Primary Care Physician Assistant (PA)
- Certified nurse midwife (CNM)
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- Licensed mental health or behavioral health
- Health service psychologist (HSP)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker(LCSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist (PNS)
- Substance Use Disorder Counselor
Health professionals may receive up to $50,000 for a 2 year commitment. Participants may extend their contracts for 4 years and beyond.
Links to application instructions and the online application portal are available on the program website.
- California Department of Health Care Access and Information, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.