California State Loan Repayment Program
The California State Loan Repayment Program assists with the repayment of educational loans for primary healthcare professionals who provide services in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas (HPSAs) in California.
Applicants must commit to a 2 year full-time or 4 year half-time obligation providing direct patient care in a California HPSA.
Eligible Health Professionals:
- Physician (MD and DO)
- Family medicine
- General internal medicine
- General pediatrics
- General psychiatrist
- Dentist (DDS/DMD)
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Primary Care Physician Assistant (PA)
- Certified nurse midwife (CNM)
- Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH)
- Licensed mental health or behavioral health
- Health service psychologist (HSP)
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker(LCSW)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialist (PNS)
Health professionals may receive up to $50,000 for a 2 year, full-time commitment. Participants may extend their contracts for up 4 more years, with maximum total awards of $110,000.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.