Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Scholarship
The Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (NP) Scholarship awards funding to nurse practitioners working in safety-net clinics who are pursuing a post master's certificate as a psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner.
Applicants must agree to work full-time in a safety-net setting in Virginia for at least 2 years upon completion of the certificate.
- Have a master's degree in nursing
- Be a Virginia licensed FNP, ANP, WHNP or PNP
- Be accepted into a Psychiatric-Mental Health Post-Masters Certificate (PMC) program, accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Not be enrolled or planning to enroll in a doctoral nursing program, as the service commitment must begin immediately after PMC program completion
- Not have any existing service obligation, such as National Health Service Corps or other state or federal loan/scholarship programs
Preference will be given to NPs attending a Virginia School of Nursing and/or with experience working in the health safety-net as an employee or volunteer.
Up to $26,000 for tuition and required fees.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.