Michigan State Loan Repayment Program (MSLRP)
The Michigan State Loan Repayment Program offers loan repayment for primary medical, dental, and mental healthcare providers who agree to provide healthcare services in Health Professional Shortage Areas of Michigan.
Applicants must sign a service agreement for a minimum of 2 years.
Primary medical, dental, and mental healthcare providers are eligible, including:
- Dentists: DDS or DMD
- Physicians: MD or DO (Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OB/GYN, Pediatrics, Geriatrics)
- Physician Assistants: Primary Care, including the same specialties as MDs and DOs
- Nurse Practitioners: Primary Care, including the same specialties as MDs and DOs
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Clinical or Counseling Psychologists: Ph.D./Masters
- Licensed Professional Counselors: Ph.D./Masters
- Marriage and Family Therapists: Ph.D./Masters
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialists: Masters
- Clinical Social Workers: Masters
- Mental Health Counselors: Masters
A list of priority applicants by location is provided on the program website.
Top priority applicants include:
- Inpatient pediatric psychiatrists
- Genesee County applicants
- Northern obstetric service providers
Providers may participate in the program for up to 8 years and receive up to $200,000 to repay their eligible educational debt. Providers may not receive payments in excess of their total eligible debt.
Links to additional guidance and the application forms are available on the State Loan Repayment overview page.
Completed application packets should be mailed to:
Brittany Brookshire, MSLRP Coordinator
Office of Planning
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
South Grand Building
P.O. Box 30195
Lansing, MI 48909
Applications will be processed in order of postmark date.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.