Maine Dental Education Loan Repayment Program
The Maine Dental Education Loan Repayment Program offers loan repayment assistance for dentists who agree to practice general dentistry in underserved areas of Maine.
Any dentist licensed to practice in Maine who is employed in a qualified practice, has qualifying outstanding dental education loans, and is not under agreement for loan repayment from a program funded by the National Health Service Corps.
Eligible dental care facilities must be in an underserved population area of Maine, providing primary dental care and:
- Accept payment through MaineCare
- Provide notice to patients that payment through Maine Care is accepted
- 25% of the patient load has been accepted for treatment regardless of ability to pay through insurance or other payment source
- Up to $25,000 per year, with a maximum of $100,000 for individuals entering their first loan agreement on or after January 1, 2020.
- Up to $20,000 per year, with a maximum of $80,000 individuals entering their first loan agreement before January 1, 2020.
Participants must enter into an agreement requiring an initial 2 year commitment, which is renewable for an additional 2 years.
Mail completed applications to:
Finance Authority of Maine (FAME)
PO Box 949
5 Community Drive
Augusta, ME 04332
Priority consideration is given to completed applications received with a postmark on or before May 30. Applications received after May 30 will be considered if funds are available.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.