Louisiana State Loan Repayment Program
This funding record is inactive. Please see the program website or contact the program sponsor to determine if this program is currently accepting applications or will open again in the future.
The Louisiana State Loan Repayment Program offers loan repayment assistance to specific primary care, mental health, and dental health providers who agree to practice in Health Professional Shortage Areas of Louisiana.
Applicants must work full-time and agree to a minimum 3-year service contract, maximum of 5 years.
Eligible primary care professions include:
- Physicians (M.D. or D.O.)
- Dentists (D.D.S. or D.M.D.)
- Physician Assistants
- Certified Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Registered Clinical Dental Hygienists
- Licensed Clinical or Counseling Psychologists (Ph.D. or equivalent required)
- Health Service Psychologists (Ph.D. or equivalent required)
- Psychiatric Nurse Specialists
- Licensed Professional Counselors (Masters or Ph.D. required)
- Marriage and Family Therapists (Masters or Ph.D. required)
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (Master or Ph.D. required)
- Alcohol and substance abuse counselors (Masters or Ph.D. required)
Physicians and dentists can receive up to $30,000 annually. Other primary care professionals can receive up to $15,000 annually.
A link to the online application is available on the program website.
- Louisiana Department of Health, view details
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.