New Mexico Health Professional Loan Repayment Program
The New Mexico Health Professional Loan Repayment Program provides loan repayment assistance to certain healthcare professionals who agree to practice in a medically underserved area of New Mexico.
Applicants must practice full-time and make a 2-year service commitment.
Preference is given to:
- Professionals practicing in a federal Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA)
- Graduates from a New Mexico public post-secondary institution
- Priority professions determined annually by an advisory committee
Applicants must be U.S. Citizens or permanent resident aliens and be residents of New Mexico that are licensed or certified to provide care in New Mexico. Eligible professions include:
- Physicians (MD and DO), including pediatricians
- Physician assistants
- Advance practice nurses
- Mental healthcare providers
- Allied healthcare providers
A full list of eligible health occupations is available on the program website.
The maximum allowable award is $25,000 per year. Awards are determined by financial need. Recipients are eligible for renewal upon completion of a two-year obligation.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.