West Virginia Health Sciences Service Program
The West Virginia Health Sciences Service Program awards loan repayment assistance to certain health professions students who are in the final year of study and who agree to practice in an underserved or rural area of West Virginia upon graduation. Recipients must agree to a 2 year full-time or 4 year part-time service contract. Participants are responsible for locating a practice site.
Eligible students include:
- Fourth year medical students who are entering primary care or emergency medicine residency programs in West Virginia
- Students in the final year of a primary care educational program for nurse midwives, nurse practitioners, or physician assistants
- Students in the final year of a master's or doctoral degree nursing program leading to a career in nursing education
- Students in the final year of a doctoral program in dentistry, pharmacy, or physical therapy
- Students in the final year of a graduate social work program, leading to a career as a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- Students in the final year of a doctoral clinical psychology program who intend to enter a clinical internship in West Virginia
Physicians and dentists are eligible for up to $30,000. All other professions are eligible for up to $15,000. The program allocates approximately 15 awards each academic year.
Links to additional guidance and forms are available on the program website.
Completed applications should be mailed to:
Health Sciences Service Program
WV Higher Education Policy Commission
1018 Kanawha Blvd. E., Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.