340B Drug Pricing Program
The 340B Drug Pricing Program is a federal program that requires drug manufacturers to provide outpatient drugs to eligible healthcare centers, clinics, and hospitals at a reduced price. The program offers a way for eligible safety-net organizations to ensure access to medications.
Comprehensive pharmacy services include patient access to affordable pharmaceuticals, application of "best practices" and efficient pharmacy management and the application of systems that improve patient outcomes through safe and effective medication use. Participation in the Program results in significant savings estimated to be 20% to 50% on the cost of pharmaceuticals for safety-net providers.
All of the following types of entities are eligible to participate in the program by the virtue of their status:
- Federally Qualified Health Centers and their look-alikes (FQHCs)
- Native Hawaiian Health Centers
- Tribal/Urban Indian Health Centers
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program Grantees
- Black lung clinics
- Comprehensive hemophilia diagnostic treatment centers
- Title X Family Planning Clinics
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinics
- Tuberculosis Clinics
- Disproportionate share hospitals
- Children's hospitals
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Free-standing cancer hospitals
- Rural referral centers
- Sole community hospitals
The program provides prescription drugs at a reduced cost to eligible entities. Participation in the Program results in significant savings estimated to be 20% to 50% on the cost of pharmaceuticals for safety-net providers.
Registration periods are open 4 times throughout the year, and are processed in quarterly cycles.
Funding cycles are as follows:
- January 1 - January 15 for an April 1 start date
- April 1 - April 15 for a July 1 start date
- July 1 - July 15 for an October 1 start date
- October 1 - October 15 for a January 1 start date
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.