Dr. Virgilio Licona Community Health Leadership Award
The Dr. Virgilio Licona Community Health Leadership Award recognizes individuals who are working to implement effective solutions to community health barriers within the state of Colorado.
A strong nominee will have the following characteristics:
- Builds bridges between people with differing backgrounds and viewpoints
- Creates positive change in the community to advance health equity
- Contributes to better policies and practices in the field
- Represents a community-based organization from any field that shows evidence of improving health outcomes
- Creates a positive impact in the delivery of health for people who have low income and historically have had less power or privilege
Nominations are open to the public. Nominees must be residents of Colorado that are making an impact within Colorado communities.
No person may be self-nominated. Standing elected officials and posthumous nominations are not eligible.
The recipient will be offered the opportunity to designate a one-time $20,000 donation to support a charity of choice that is working to improve the health of Coloradans.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.