Dr. Virgilio Licona Community Health Leadership Award
The Dr. Virgilio Licona Community Health Leadership Award recognizes individuals who are working to implement effective solutions to community health barriers within the state of Colorado.
A strong nominee will have the following characteristics:
- Builds bridges between people with differing backgrounds and viewpoints
- Creates positive change in the community
- Contributes to better policies and practices in the field
- Represents a community-based organization from any field that shows evidence of improving health outcomes
- Creates a positive impact in the delivery of rural health, migrant health, and/or overall health of minority communities
The award will be presented during the Colorado Health Symposium, which will be held July 24-26, 2019 in Keystone, Colorado.
Nominations are open to the public. Nominees must be residents of Colorado that are making an impact within Colorado communities.
No person may be self-nominated. Standing elected officials and posthumous nominations are not eligible.
The award recipient will receive registration, lodging, and meals for the Colorado Health Symposium.
The recipient will also be offered the opportunity to designate a one-time $20,000 donation to support a charity of choice that is working to improve the health of Coloradans.
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.