Foster G. McGaw Prize for Excellence in Community Service
The Prize honors health delivery organizations that have demonstrated exceptional commitment to community service.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for excellence in community service:
- Leadership: Takes a proactive role in establishing relationships needed to address the community’s health and social issues and to improve the community’s well-being.
- Commitment: The entire organization, including governance, administration, and patient care staff, is involved on an ongoing basis in the organization’s community service plan and/or initiatives.
- Partnerships: Has alliances with the community, including physicians, other health-related organizations, business, and government, to identify and meet community health needs.
Breadth and Depth of Initiatives: The
organization’s community service initiatives:
- Exceed the provision of just acute medical and health care services
- Address major health-related issues in the community
- Constitute a significant and sustainable ongoing effort by the health delivery organization
- Demonstrate an impact on the community’s health status and/or quality of life
- Community Involvement: There is a high level of community response to, acceptance of, and participation in the health delivery organization’s community service initiatives.
Any health delivery organization that exhibits the award criteria is eligible to apply for the prize, including:
- Health systems
- Integrated networks
- Self-defined community partnerships
The winner will receive:
- A trophy
- Recognition at a special awards ceremony at the AHA Annual Meeting
- Coverage in AHA News, Hospitals & Health Networks, and other health care publications
- Up to three finalists will each receive $10,000 and mention in AHA News, Hospitals & Health Networks, and other health care publications
For complete information about funding programs, including your application status, please contact funders directly. Summaries are provided for your convenience only. RHIhub does not take part in application processes or monitor application status.